Mini Stock Rules for the 2016 Season
Rules frozen for five years. The emphasis is on keeping this class of cars inexpensive to build as well as providing for the safety and fun of the participants. All cars will be extensively inspected for both safety and STOCK COMPONENTS. Failure to follow the intent of the rules or class will result in disqualification of car and or driver from the class. Cars must be stock in every aspect with the following exceptions. When the word “stock” is used it means as it came from the factory for the particular year and model in question. This also includes replacement parts by part number. Any question on parts need to be directed to the board of directors.
- Any four-passenger sedan produced with a 2.5 litre engine or smaller. No sports cars.
- “Sports cars” defined as two seat cars such as Honda CRX, Toyota MR2 or Pontiac Fieros.
- Body shape must remain stock. Lexan rear windows or Quarter windows allowed.
- No 4 wheel drive or 4 wheel steer vehicles. Trucks allowed.
- Minimum 3”x36” yellow strip on back of car for all rookie drivers.
No fiberglass seats allowed.
- All suspension components must remain stock to make and model of car.
- All pivot points and mounting points must remain in stock location.
- Springs may be cut and spacers allowed. (No aftermarket shocks or springs).
- Shock must remain in stock position.
Camber adjustment may be accomplished by modifying the mounting point ONLY on upper right front strut tower, camber at all wheels may be adjusted using factory adjustment methods
Rear End Rules
- Any gear ratio allowed.
- Rear end and Transaxle must remain stock to make and model of car.
- No posi track or welded rear ends allowed.
- All brakes must be in working order.
- No aftermarket brake bias allowed.
- All brakes must remain stock to make and model of car.
- Only 50,55,60,65 or 70 series street legal tires allowed. No nu-treads or any other racing tires allowed. This includes DOT approved competition road course tires.
- Maximum of 7’ rim width. Aftermarket rims are allowed.
- All tires to be either 13”,14”, or 15’. No mixing of sizes.
- Wheels and tires not to protrude past fenders.
- Must be make to make. No rotary engines
- Factory horse power rating of 120hp max.
- Fuel injection allowed.
- Only one carburetor allowed. EXCEPT stock “Twin Carb” Hondas that meet the maximum factory 120 h.p. rule
- Any push rod or single overhead cam type engine allowed.
- Only single cam engine allowed.
- All engine components must remain stock- only OEM replacement parts allowed.
- Stock camshaft only. Stock rods only for engine (no aftermarket rods allowed).
- Must use stock crank for that engine.
- No mixing or matching of parts to achieve any non stock configuration.
- No adapter or spacer plates between Carburator and intake.
- No decking of block.
- Absolutely no machining of parts or port matching of heads.
- Valves to remain stock size and configuration.
- Maximum 4 valves per cylinder.
- Rocker arms, Valve springs and Push rods to remain stock for that engine.
- Must be Stock intake, No Machining or grinding allowed.
- Re-usable (washable) air filters allowed, providing they fit in stock location.
- Any stock make to make carburetor.
- Only single carburators allowed.
- No performance Carburators allowed.
- No air boxes allowed.
- Must have stock points or stock electronic ignition only.
- No high performance or aftermarket coils allowed including any spark enhancers.
- Single Kill switch required to both disable the ignition and electric fuel pumps on fuel injected cars. All switches to be
- clearly marked.
- Ignition and fuel pump also to be connected to fuel pressure reduced pressure sensing switch mount on rail or in fuel line
- (inertia switch for roll over in fords may be accepted).
- Stock exhaust manifolds only. Exhaust maximum 2″ OD tube.
- Exhaust to exit behind driver.
- Muffler required.
- Any stock auto or standard transmission for make and model of car.
- Only stock flywheel and clutch to be used for make and model of car.
- Only stock torque converters allowed. Transmission coolers allowed.
Body Stripping Rules
- No metal to be removed from inside car.
- Doors may be gutted for door bar clearance only.
- Review track safety rules for more information on roll cages etc.
Fuel tank or cell
Approved gas tank (Fuel Cell recommended).
All fuel tanks that are not stock:
1) must be mounted as far from the drivers seat as practical 2) must be securely mounted utilizing steel straps 3) must utilize a complete sheet metal firewall or a complete sheet metal containment box to isolate the fuel tank from the drivers compartment 4) must incorporate sufficient roll cage structure to limit impact from rear
Fuel tank mounted in trunk. Fuel cell to be above trunk floor but may be mounted in side spare tire well. Stock fuel tanks may remain in car with the following conditions.
- Tank is plastic and situated in front of rear axle.
- Aluminum skid plate to be mounted underneath and cover entire fuel tank.
- Gas caps to be tethered and marked with car number.
Any questions can be directed to Safety Committee or Executive.